Petland Village of East Side offers valuable information on caring for your fish and choosing a fish that is right for you. We offer all the products you will need to meet your fish’s four basic needs.
Join ClubPet today and take advantage of these specials.
Fish Food Special Promotions:
- 20% Off All Fish (Excludes Feeders & Sale Fish)
- 10% Off All Freeze Dried & Frozen Fish Foods
- Buy 5 Get 1 FREE Cobalt Fish Foods
- 15% Off All Aquarium Decorations
- Click Here to Join Club Pet!
Click here for more information on live & frozen feeder fish.
- Decorations – Structure provides security and safety to fish. It provides niches and hiding places. Provide items that will give cover from the top to the bottom of the aquarium. Decorations will reduce stress, aggression and visually enhance the look of the aquarium.
- Plants – Provide niches for mid-water and surface swimming fish.
- Driftwood, Castles, Rocks – Offer cover for bottom-dwelling species.
- Schooling – Most of the fish we keep in aquariums will live in large groups called schools. It is important to keep them in groups of at least three of the same species in your aquarium.
- Aquarium Background – Improves the look of the aquarium and provides a sense of security for the fish.
- Gravel Cleaner – Helps keep the tank clean, removes waste buildup, and facilitates water changes. Its use is the best way to clean tank.
- Filter Material – Replaceable filter cartridges help keep the tank clean and remove particles from the water. Change as recommended by manufacturer.
- Net – To catch adult and baby fish with least harm to fish.
- Algae Scraper – Best and safest way to clean aquarium glass – do not use pot scrubbers as they are too abrasive. Use the appropriate pad for your aquarium material (glass or plastic).
- Test Kits – Monitor water quality parameters, ammonia and alkalinity..
- Aquarium – The larger the tank, the better the overall environment for the fish and the easier it is to keep and maintain.
- Hood/Light – A hood will keep the fish in the aquarium and a light will illuminate the fish and plants for enhanced growth and enjoyment. Fluorescent lighting is the best.
- Canopy – Hides cords and makes presentation clean and uncluttered.
- Stand – Safely supports the weight of the aquarium and meets the tank’s warranty requirements.
- Filtration Systems – This is the life support system, and more is better – the three types of filtration are chemical, biological, mechanical. Biological is the most important.
- Heater and Thermometer – Having a stable temperature reduces stress and disease.
- Water Conditioner – Makes water safe for fish and other organisms by removing toxic chemicals such as chlorine.
- Substrate – Needed for decorating and for nitrifying bacteria to adhere to, which promotes biological filtration.
- Bubbles and Air Accessories – Oxygen enters the aquarium primarily from the surface. Bubbles will cause surface agitation and increased gas exchange.
- Stress Aid – During the process of traveling to a new aquarium, fish endure a great deal of stress, making them more susceptible to disease. Helping manage the stress will reduce the chance your fish will get sick.
- Food – Must be offered in proper form for fish to eat (flake, pellet, disc, etc.). Promotes foraging similar to nature. A variety of foods mimics their natural environment.
- Staple Diet – Provides basic nutrition.
- Plant Based Diet – Provides roughage, good for omnivores (Live-bearers, Tetras, Barbs, etc.).
- Specialty Food – For other specific needs and feeding habits (sinking foods discs).
- Frozen Food – Provides variety of balance, a must for certain fish (a more natural food source). Petland Albuquerque carries a comprehensive line of Frozen Fish Foods.
- Live Food- For fish who only respond to live feeders, we carry: Live Feeder Comets, Live Rosyreds